A few days ago I received a Twitter notification from the lovely Lynette from Lifewithlynette and realised that she had nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award! And for this I am so so grateful! Just like Lynette I have also been a quiet on the old blog front due to my busy life atm! So I haven’t been posting as regularly as I would like to which I am gutted about. So for her to think of my blog even when I am not as active as usual really means a lot to me, THANK YOU LYNETTE!
The rules of the award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
How Little World Of Rachel Started:
My Original Little World Of Rachel blog over on Blogger began in 2014 while I was in year 9 at high school. I had always loved reading blogs an watching YouTube so when one of my friends from school started a blog I decided I’d just take the plunge and do it as well! I absolutely loved it and posted twice a week for almost two years! However in 2016 I was preparing to sit my GCSEs and I just didn’t have time for blogging so had to stop all together. I then went into sixth form which was hardest two years of my life so again I didn’t have the opportunity to blog. It wasn’t till July this year that I restarted my blog and decided to move over to WordPress (which was the best decision EVER) and I’ve been loving it again since!
Advice for New Bloggers:
- DO YOU – I think this is the most important piece of advice I would have wanted to receive when I started blogging. Within the blogging community you hear a lot about niche’s or may often feel the need to do similar things to other popular bloggers but just be you! Write what you want to write about! When I’m writing blog posts I think would I like to read this? If you are genuinely interested in something that will come across in your writing and make it so much more enjoyable for others to read!
- USE TWITTER – This was something I did not do straight away and over time came to realise I was really missing out! This, for me, was the best platform for promoting my blog and connecting with other bloggers. It is so easy to use and is one of the biggest referrers to my blog! So if you are not already using it for your blog DO IT NOW!
- Yes Whale
- Lucy Elizabeth
I’ll look forward to seeing your posts if you have not already done it! As always thanks so much for reading and hopefully I’ll be back to my usual blogging soon!!