Hiya everyone and welcome back to my blog!
I hope your all having a lovely week so far, mine has been spent moving back to uni and starting lectures again! But today I thought I would dedicate a blog post to self care and why it’s so important! One of my goals for 2020 is to put myself first and to take more time for self care! I often get carried away with uni and placement and end of neglecting my self care! So I’m going to try to set aside one day a week to pamper myself and take some more time for me!
Here’s a few things that I love to do:
- Take a bath or shower – one of the highlights of coming home from uni for the holidays is that I get to have baths again! There’s nothing I love more then filling the bath with bubbles and chucking in a bath bomb! I just think it’s so relaxing, especially with some music and a couple of candles lit!
- Hair and skincare – this is a must for me! I’m a sucker for a face mask especially if my skin is playing up! I’ve recently started trying hair masks too as my hair can sometimes look a bit dry and damaged! I also make a point to shave and moisturise so I feel super smooth! Having clean hair and fresh skin just makes me feel amazing!
- Nails – as a student nurse I don’t often get to have my nails painted. So when I’m off I like to make the most of it! It makes me feel more put together and means that my hands look so much nicer!
- Music – I absolutely love music and can’t seem to do anything without it, from having a bath to getting ready and chilling out. So I’ll definitely put some relaxing music on while having a pamper night!
- Environment – by this I mean setting the atmosphere! I think this is super important when having a chilled night, I like to have fairy lights and candles. Which makes the room look aesthetically pleasing and smell amazing!
- Watch some Netflix or read a book – I like to have something to do whilst I’m relaxing in the bath. Sometimes I watch Netflix (I’m currently watching season 2 of YOU which is amazing btw) or read a book (currently reading twas the night shift before Christmas!).
- No social media – I like to take a little time away from social media when I have a chill night to have a break from the screen and take time for me!
- Snacks – snacks are a must for me. Whether that’s chips and dip or chocolate and a good old cup of tea!
How do you like to practice self care!?
As always, thanks for reading!